Saturday, December 11, 2010

Response to Luis about substitutes

As I was looking through the blogs, I found this intersting post from my buddy Luis about substitute teachers:
"I hate it when people try and take advantage of substitutes like if they do not even know the rules of the school. In my old school, taking advantage of substitutes continuously happened throughout the year. I admit it I also used to take advantage but sometimes there is a limit. Some people take it too far."
I wanted to write this response post ever since I saw those words, "In my old school..." Well, me and Luis went to teh same middle school, and I agree with what he said. That there were substitute teachers that we took definitely took advantage of. For example, there was this one French guy that was at our school for 3 years and trust me, everyone hated him. Everyone spread rumors about him, but he was cool....sometimes.

Taking advantage of substituts are, what I think, just our way of responding to ourselves that there is no teacher for the day and we have the classroom to ourselves to do whatever we wantm which is true. We get our snacks out, put our headphones on, and munch away.

From what my brother told me, at my old school, we actually have substitute teachers on hand that are actually working int he office, and this year, he had the former math teacher that I never had, but he taught me how to tune my guitar by ear. My borther and his classmates hated him.

Now, 'hate' is a strong word to say, especially to substitutes, but what makes a sub so- hateable?

I think it's the sound of their voices (the french dude had a thick accent), their personality (french guy was french...enough said), and whether or not they have the ability to get the class to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment