Friday, November 12, 2010

Response to Stan's Post.

For this response post, I will be using a quote that I got from Stan:

Music these days. Whether we listen to rap, hip-hop, techno, country, or any other genre, there will be the people that we like and the people that we don't like. That is why this quote that I got from Stan stood out to me. Even though he was mostly talking about rap, I'm going to incorporate this with the other albums and genres out there in the music industry:
"Most albums had about 3 really good songs and the rest weren't really worth listening to."
Music these days....... There are so many things that I could say about it, but then i will just go on and on and on about it. The musical talents that are out there,(Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Usher, etc.) They all made it to where they are now, even for Justin Bieber (cringe. Ask my friends, and they will tell you about my dislike for Justin Bieber). Then there is that layer below them, the musical people that have a strong fan base, but just don't make it out there, and they are the ones that I mostly have in my favorites, including: 2AM Club, Varsity Fanclub, Thomas Fiss, V-Factory(idk about them), and...Gloriana, Gloriana is quite possibly the best country band ever...way better than Lady Antebellum, and I don't even like her.

As for the albums, I agree with Stan, not just for rap albums, but for all albums in general. they now only have like a few good songs in there. Like Taylor Swift's Speak Now album, I only like a couple of songs there, and there weren't really any songs in there that don't have to do with a guy that broke her heart or something like that. *cough* John Mayer *cough*. And for Thomas Fiss' EP? The whole pop thing doesn't really go with him. Sure he came from a boyband, but did he really have to do pop? He's better off with only his guitar and a two-way mic, which is really expensive and I want one really badly.

To me, what Stan is trying to say is that artists need to spend more time on what is in the album instead of just making an album to make more money than they already have. Taylor Swift need to get something new to write songs about, like Jake Gyllenhaal,and Thomas needs to stick to his guitar ONLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment