Friday, September 24, 2010

Free Write: Responding to Quotes from FNL

For this post, I will show 3 of the best quotes from Friday Night Lights, and it's from this source.

"Every man at some point in his life is going to lose a battle. He is going to fight and he is going to lose. But what makes him a man is at the midst of that battle he does not lose himself. This game is not over, this battle is not over." -Coach Taylor
This quote meant a lot to me. For me, it meant that no matter what happens in our life, we will always face obstacles, challenges, and other things that will 'tackle' us along the way to the touchdown zone. What Coach Taylor is saying is that we are capable of overcoming whatever comes in our way.

"Stop saying that!!. My legs aren't ever gonna get better, ever. every night when I go to sleep, I dream I can walk again, and when I wake up, I gotta accept all over again, then you come and say that every thing is gonna be OK. that kills me Lyla. My life as we knew it, it's over, football, over, my scholarship at Notre Dame, over, you and me, are not get married." -Jason Street
 Jason Street is long gone from the show, but never forgotten. I believe that he is also one of the most influential characters on the show. He has gon from the star quarterback, to the paralyzed former football player that has to adapt to not using his legs, the most important thing you need in football.

Speaking of football and wheelchairs, from watching Glee this week, Artie would have made a good football player, if Finn did run fast enough to make Artie's wheelchair a cannon of some sort. That would be cool.

"In some situations, you need to ask yourself 'WWRD?', What Would Riggins Do?" -LANDRY!
 Tim Riggins, the only word to describe him would be the bad boy of the series, almost every show has one. For Glee, it's Puck. For Pretty Little Liars, it was Officer Darren. In Secret Life, it's Ricky. For almost all of these shows, the bad boys always have a good side except for Officer Darren, and let's face it. He was a douchebag.

Jason Street and Tim Riggins are the best of friends. Thy were on the football team, and Riggins never stopped helping and supporting Street during the worst time of his life. Even though I am pretty sure Street was aware that Tim would steal his girfriend, they were still friends.

I am definitely anticipating the 5th season of FNL where Jason Street will come back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment