Friday, September 17, 2010

Response to Karissa

I got this quote form Karissa's blog, and it really stuck out to me:

  So, I was thinking and i realized that out of pretty much all of the actors and actresses that started on Disney Channel there are very few of them that actually have a good, continuing acting career. When I was little I used to love watching Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven and Lindsay Lohan movies. I remember when Hilary Duff was like the Miley Cyrus today. However, now we barely hear anything about her or Raven Simone and the only reason that Lindsay Lohan is still talked about is because she's a mess and is on all kinds of drugs.
 This really stuck out to me because I remember when I was a little girl, I was an avid fan of Lizzie McGuire and That's So Raven. And it's true. We do not hear about any of theses wonderful people anymore. Right now, Hilary Duff is going to get married and Raven Simone just recently starred in a movie called Bride Wars that was on ABC Family, a sister company of Disney.

What's happening, according to me, to all of the new untamed Disney stars are that their main target, the pre-teens, or tweens, are losing interest in school life, little animated versions of ourselves, poeple that are psychic, and the burn book. The thing that the tweens look to now are the dudes in them. Even though it is not related to Disney at all, Twilight has the guys that everyone (except me) drool over. Back then, sure we liked how the kids on Degrassi looked, but we were more intersted in what the show's main focus was on.

I bet you that most of us that have watched any of the Lindsay Lohan movies in the past always wonder what has happened to her. Was it something at had to do with any of the movies tha she portrayed in, or was it just herself.

I think that her most outstanding performance was in The Parent Trap. She was just a young, sweet, inocent girl, not. Then we saw her progress into more mature roles as she grew up like Mean Girls. And then the whole drug incident and ankle bracelet.

I guess Disney and us too are just growing up too fast to notice that we miss the classics. I personally miss Phil of the Future. That's all for now. I'm Kim, and this is Disney 411 (remember that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment